Co-hosted by Kati and Jamie (from Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance) & Myself
This event showcases some of the amazing authors and books that feature “fallen women” as the heroine. Make sure to stop back each day as we will have guest posts, interviews and lots of giveaways!
Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."
She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® during which she received a kiss from Caesar Romero--Joker on the original Batman TV series) and a Texan who was stationed at Bovingdon while serving in the air force. Lorraine was born in Watford, Hertfordshire, England, but soon after moved to Texas. Her "dual" nationality has given her a love for all things British and Texan, and she enjoys weaving both heritages through her stories.
When she received her BA degree in psychology from the University of Texas, she had no idea she had gained a foundation that would help her to create believable characters—characters that are often described as “real people.” Her novels have appeared on bestseller lists, including USA Today, Waldenbooks, and most recently, the New York Times.
She also writes for teens under the name Rachel Hawthorne and Jade Parker.
1. What is your all-time favorite “fallen woman” and why?
Olivia in Anna Campbell’s TEMPT THE DEVIL. She’s an extremely complicated character forced into difficult choices while striving to do the right thing. She’s strong and compelling.
2. What inspired you to write about a “fallen woman”?
The “fallen woman” will actually not be introduced to readers until next May. She’s the heroine in LORD OF WICKED INTENTIONS. My hero cares for no one save himself and I needed to give him a heroine who could break through his heart of stone, and Eve has managed to maintain her belief that there is goodness in people in spite of the fact that she finds herself with no choice except to become a mistress in order to survive.
3. If you were stranded on an island, what 5 books would you take with you?
THE PROPOSITION by Judith Ivory
WILD AT HEART by Patricia Gaffney
HONEST ILLUSIONS by Nora Roberts
DEVIL IN WINTER by Lisa Kleypas
MORNING GLORY by LaVyrle Spencer
4. If your book were to have a theme song, what would it be?
Dream the Impossible Dream
5. Which two authors would you write an anthology with and what would it be about?
Sarah MacLean and Lisa Kleypas—women gamblers during the Regency or Victorian era. We’ve all written books where the setting was a gambling den.
1. Alpha or Beta? Alpha on the outside; beta on the inside
2. Wallflower or Belle of the Ball? Wallflower. As a wallflower myself, I most easily relate to that type of character.
3. Debutante or Spinster? Spinster—she’ll have greater life experiences
4. Virgin widow or Secret baby? Virgin widow
5. Titled peer or Working man? Working man or Titled peer who is a working man because of unfortunate circumstances. I need something to give him character.
6. Love at first sight or Second chances? Second chances
7. Naval officer or Swashbuckling pirate? Swashbuckling pirate—hence, Tristan in LORD OF TEMPTATION
8. Vampires or Shifters? Shifters (my YA series, the Dark Guardians) or vampires (YA series written with my son, Darkness Before Dawn)
9. Past, Present or Future? (sneaky) Past
10. Writing or Reading? Writing
11. Paperbacks or e-books? Paperbacks
12. Plotter or Pantser? Pantser
13. Author’s choice: You get to ask a question for the readers to answer.
What about fallen men? Who is your favorite scoundrel?
"Three young heirs, imprisoned by an unscrupulous uncle, escaped--to the sea, to the streets, to faraway battle--awaiting the day when they would return to reclaim their birthright."
Once upon a time, he was Lord Tristan Easton--now he is Crimson Jack, a notorious privateer beholden to none, whose only mistress is the sea. But all that will change when exquisite Lady Anne Hayworth hires his protection on a trip into danger and seduction. . .
Desperation brought Anne to the bronzed, blue-eyed buccaneer. But after the Captain demands a kiss as his payment, desire will keep her at his side. She has never known temptation like this--but to protect her heart, she knows she must leave him behind. Yet Tristan cannot easily forget the beauty--and when they meet again in a London ballroom, he vows he won't lose her a second time, as fiery passion reignited takes them into uncharted waters that could lead the second lost lord home. . .
One lucky commenter will win a copy of LORD OF TEMPTATION
All you have to do to enter is answer Lorraine’s question in the comments and fill out the Rafflecopter form!
Open to residents of the US only, must be 18 or older! No PO Boxes please!
Please see S R C’s policies for more details.a Rafflecopter giveaway